That’s right – we’re back again!
The fifth annual Hobart Winter Gamesfest will be hosted by the Hobart Games Society Inc. (HoGS) and Area 52 on the weekend of 8th and 9th of August 2015, as part of the second annual Devil’s Island Con (DICon).
Devil’s Island Con will incorporate a number of gaming-related events organised by both Area 52 and HoGS. We’ll share the details on Facebook and our website when they become available.
Come and join us for two days of board gaming fun! You can bring your own games, or play ours. New to board games? We’ll help you get started!
The Hobart Winter Gamesfest is now officially a two-day event!
Our opening hours are still to be confirmed but are likely to be as below:
- Saturday 8th August: 10am to 10pm
- Sunday 9th August: 10am to 5pm
For discussion about the event head to our Facebook event.
DICon will be held at the Best Western, 156 Bathurst Street, with the Hobart Winter Gamesfest in the newly renovated Terrace Room on the 1st floor. It’s a great room for gaming with lots of space and natural light.
Features of this year’s Hobart Winter Gamesfest will include:
- Trade Table (bring your games to sell or grab some bargains!)
- Bagging station (have your game bagged and organised by us)
- Organised games for teaching purposes
- A huge selection of games brought along by members who will be more than happy to lend them out for you to try (if you ask nicely!)
- Area52 selling a wide selection of games
- Access to a bar for purchasing drinks and snacks
A gold coin donation to help us cover the costs of running the event is appreciated.
Children are more than welcome but are to be accompanied by an adult.